This is my Japanese blogging project! Here I share my feelings, questions and comments as I study and learn the Japanese Language. I welcome any comments and assistance you are willing to offer. Thank you!
I did my best to create 3 senryu (3 lines with 17 morae) of an interesting and relevant topic that my intended audience would be able to relate to and extract meaning from while using relevant vocabulary in an understandable fashion. All three senryu are somewhat related in their general meaning.
1. ナライ means still life. I chose to write this in katakana to emphasize the critical intended message of the senryu. a life consisting of only waking, working, sleeping in perpetuity is not a life filled with life, but still and meaningless.
2. ナワクノペイ means no work no pay. again this emphasizes the critical moral that is important in life. It contradicts the previous senryu as it states that one must work everyday, because one cannot succeed and expect great things without work.
3.チクタク is an onomatopoeia for tick tock, the sound a clock makes and connects the first 2 senryu's contradicting meanings by reminding you that time goes by quickly. before you know it the clock starts ticking (as it stops midway in the last line). One could gather that life must be balanced well with work and enjoyment to fully embrace life. the tick tock in katakana really emphasizes this.
Your use of the vocabulary was very appropriate for your senryu. The additionally words which you explain above help to compliment the rest of the literary work. Nice job.
Thanks for the explanations, they are really helpful! You make me worry though, you are still a college student and these poems are so bleak (although I like your interpretations, they still seem bleak to me)--they evoke working life (duh) much more than student life. May your post-grad life not be so! You did a great job of making three poems which fit together. とてもおもしろいですね!
Explanation of katakana use & their effects:
ReplyDeleteI did my best to create 3 senryu (3 lines with 17 morae) of an interesting and relevant topic that my intended audience would be able to relate to and extract meaning from while using relevant vocabulary in an understandable fashion. All three senryu are somewhat related in their general meaning.
1. ナライ means still life. I chose to write this in katakana to emphasize the critical intended message of the senryu. a life consisting of only waking, working, sleeping in perpetuity is not a life filled with life, but still and meaningless.
2. ナワクノペイ means no work no pay. again this emphasizes the critical moral that is important in life. It contradicts the previous senryu as it states that one must work everyday, because one cannot succeed and expect great things without work.
3.チクタク is an onomatopoeia for tick tock, the sound a clock makes and connects the first 2 senryu's contradicting meanings by reminding you that time goes by quickly. before you know it the clock starts ticking (as it stops midway in the last line). One could gather that life must be balanced well with work and enjoyment to fully embrace life. the tick tock in katakana really emphasizes this.
Your use of the vocabulary was very appropriate for your senryu. The additionally words which you explain above help to compliment the rest of the literary work. Nice job.
ReplyDeleteこのカタカナはとてもてのこんだですね!グッジョブ!
ReplyDeleteはいくはおもしろいですね!I liked your second poem; I thought it was very realistic. I liked how all your poems were about life in general.
ReplyDeleteとてもいいですね!I like how you used katakana to emphasis the importance of life.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the explanations, they are really helpful! You make me worry though, you are still a college student and these poems are so bleak (although I like your interpretations, they still seem bleak to me)--they evoke working life (duh) much more than student life. May your post-grad life not be so! You did a great job of making three poems which fit together. とてもおもしろいですね!
ReplyDelete